At Talent Legal your right to privacy and our treatment of your personal data is important. Talent Legal is subject to the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (“PDPA”) and legislation. The following statement outlines how Talent Legal manages personal data that it holds about individuals in accordance with the PDPA.
Personal data – what is it?
Personal data refers to data, whether true or not, about an individual who can be identified from that data; or from that data and other information to which the organisation has or is likely to have access
It may range from the very sensitive (e.g. medical history or condition) to the everyday (e.g. address and phone number). It would include the opinions of others about your work performance (whether true or not), your work experience and qualifications, psychometric assessment results and other data obtained by Talent Legal in connection with your possible work placements.
Who will be collecting your personal data?
Talent Legal is a specialist professional recruitment consultancy placing candidates on a permanent, contract and interim basis in legal, compliance and corporate secretarial
For the purposes of the Employment Agencies Act (Chapter 92) and Employment Agencies Rules 2011 (the “Agencies Rules”) Talent Legal operates as:
- an agency when recruiting for permanent positions or fixed-term assignments direct with Talent Legal’ client; and
- an employment business when recruiting for temporary assignments where services will be supplied to Talent Legal’ clients via Talent Legal.
Talent Legal will be bound by applicable terms of the Employment Agencies Act (Chapter 92) and the Agencies Rules, unless you do not act for and under the control of Talent Legal’ client(s) when providing your services via Talent Legal or you provide services via a company and you and that company have agreed to opt out of the application of the Agencies Rules.
Your personal data will be collected by Talent Legal to provide you with recruitment and/or related intermediary services.
How will your data will be collected?
Generally, Talent Legal collects personal data directly from you. For example, it collects personal data when you:
- deal with Talent Legal in person, by telephone, letter, fax, email or via our website;
- supply a CV or application form;
- fill out and submit a registration form;
- subscribe to job alerts emails;
- submit any other information in connection with your application for registration;
- complete psychometric assessments.
Personal data about you may also be collected from third parties that Talent Legal contacts for verification or vetting purposes. For example when Talent Legal receives:
- any reference about you;
- results of enquiries of former employers or engagers, work colleagues, professional associations or registration bodies;
- the results of any psychometric, competency or medical test;
- performance feedback (whether positive or negative);
- any complaint from or about you in the workplace;
- any information about a workplace accident in which you are involved;
- any information about any insurance investigation, litigation, registration or professional disciplinary matter, criminal matter, inquest or inquiry in which you are involved.
Talent Legal will normally require you to provide authorized consent to enable us to obtain personal data from third parties (unless you have indicated your consent in some other way) but, if Talent Legal does not have your prior consent, it will take reasonable steps to inform you as soon as possible that it has collected personal data from a third party and ensure you are aware of the purposes for which Talent Legal has collected your personal data.
How Talent Legal may use and disclose your personal data
- to provide recruitment and/or related intermediary services to or for you and to facilitate the recruitment process;
- to match your details against job vacancies which Talent Legal feels may be appropriate for you in order to assess your suitability for them;
- to apply for jobs on your behalf by sending your data to clients;
- to allow you submit your CV, apply for specific jobs or to subscribe to Talent Legal’ job alerts so that Talent Legal can notify you when relevant job vacancies arise;
- to market our recruitment services to you across all areas of the Talent Legal business;
- to develop and market other products and services, to improve Talent Legal’ customer service and to make Talent Legal’ services more useful to you (which includes tailoring the Talent Legal’ website and those of Talent Legal’ group companies in order to better suit your requirements);
- to inform you about any relevant industry developments, send you details of any events, promotions and competitions, and to communicate any other relevant information;
- to maintain and promote Talent Legal business relationships;
- to answer your enquiries or questions;
- for other purposes for which you have engaged Talent Legal.
Talent Legal may also disclose your personal data to third parties if they have a proper interest in the disclosure, such as:
- a member of the Talent Legal Group;
- prospective employers or engagers;
- other recruitment companies or intermediaries involved in managing the supply of personnel;
- third parties who perform functions on Talent Legal behalf and who also provide services to Talent Legal, such as professional advisors, IT consultants carrying out testing and development work on Talent Legal business technology systems, research and mailing houses and function co-ordinators;
- Talent Legal insurers;
- a professional association or registration body or regulatory or law enforcement agencies if Talent Legal is required by law to do so.
If Talent Legal engages a third party contractor to perform services which involve handling or processing personal data, it takes reasonable steps to prohibit the contractor from using personal data except for the purposes for which it was supplied or for processing it other than in accordance with Talent Legal’ instructions.
If Talent Legal enters into a joint venture with, is sold to or merged with another business entity, your personal data may be disclosed to Talent Legal’ new, or potential, business partners or owners. By providing Talent Legal with your personal data, you consent to Talent Legal disclosing your data to its new, or potential, business partners or owners if one of these situations arises.
Unless required or permitted to do so by law, Talent Legal will not otherwise share, sell or distribute any of your personal data without your consent.
If you do not give Talent Legal the personal data it seeks (provided that the data sought is reasonable and relevant to the services being provided to or for you), it is unable to provide you with recruitment and/or related intermediary services.
Security of your personal data
Talent Legal holds personal data in a combination of secure computer storage facilities and paper-based files.
Talent Legal has security procedures in place to protect the personal data it holds from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Talent Legal uses a number of processes to protect your personal data including:
- locks and security systems;
- computer passwords and limited access to shared network drives to authorised staff;
- virus checking;
- auditing procedures and data integrity checks;
- recording of file movements;
- security classification to identify data needing special protection.
Talent Legal will keep your personal data no longer than necessary. Talent Legal will appropriately dispose of your personal data when it is no longer required or if you ask to be removed from our systems so that it is protected from unauthorised use or disclosure.
Keeping your personal data up to date
Talent Legal takes reasonable steps to ensure that your personal data is accurate, complete and up to date.
Talent Legal may also contact you from time to time to check that the data is still correct. However, please let Talent Legal know of any changes to your details as soon as you reasonably can in order for Talent Legal to maintain the accuracy of information held on you.
If you believe that personal or sensitive personal data Talent Legal holds about you is not accurate, complete and up to date, Talent Legal will take reasonable steps to correct it.
You may request to unsubscribe from job alerts and marketing material at any time. If you wish to contact us in this regard, please complete the enquiry form to keep us updated.
Clicking on links and banner advertisements and RSS feeds may result in your transfer to another website, where data privacy practices may be different to that of Talent Legal. It is your responsibility to familiarise yourself with these privacy policies as Talent Legal accepts no responsibility for and has no control over them or any information or data collected by or for them.
How to contact us:
If you wish to gain access to or correct your personal data or make a complaint about a breach of your privacy, please contact:
Tel: +65 6569 9808
Submit an Enquiry